"breakin' up is hard to do..." - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2003, 12:28 AM   #1
swainey is offline swainey  United States
diyAudio Member

Default "breakin' up is hard to do..."

Hey everyone,

New to the site, and new to the area of DIY projection, and audio, and everything else.

Basically, I am a learn as I go type of guy. Fried a few hairs, blown a few circuits, but given the time it always turns out right, sorta. I am like Tim the toolman, but younger, better looking and not as rich. I, alas, can't afford to constantly screw up, but do enjoy learning from my mistakes.

Since I am just starting out please take it easy on the ignorance I may infect you with. I will get better, I just have to do a little research. My job is dealing with hazardous chemicals on a daily basis, so not only is my brain fried, but i glow too.

Anyway, if any of you would like to know how many cubic feet of air and at what rate a level 100 clean room goes through, let me know. Semiconductor industry is too cool.

Ryan
Old 1st February 2003, 12:36 AM   #2
Banned

Send a message via MSN to SkinnyBoy
Welcome... how old are you anyway? The university of Adleiade claims to have the dirtyest clean room in the whole world.. Well, the people who work in it believe it anyway... SO DO I!!! lol
Old 1st February 2003, 04:05 AM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: "breakin' up is hard to do..."

Quote:
Originally posted by swainey
Semiconductor industry is too cool.
Welcome Ryan... what kind of semi-conductors do you make?

dave
Old 1st February 2003, 04:56 AM   #4
JoeBob is offline JoeBob  Canada
diyAudio Member

Working with hazardous chemicals? You sound more like Homer Simpson than Tim the tool man!
Old 1st February 2003, 07:29 PM   #5
swainey is offline swainey  United States
diyAudio Member

To reply to all three:

I am 25 and aging fast to be exact. I started tinkering around with stuff around the age of 5, when I took apart a cassette recorder.

I actually just supply the chemicals to the plants themselves, I guess the technical term would be third party logisitcs and warehousing in a just in time environment. But to answer your question, the one fab that we deliver to makes the tiny chip the reads your hard drive. Approx 5000 can fit on a wafer about 4 - 5 in in diameter. It's pretty cool. Compared to a penny it's smaller than the lettering, and the second generation is about half that size.

Luckily all I do is deliver the chems, so I don't get any on me. But it's some pretty nasty stuff.
Thanks for the replies!!
Ryan

Hide this!Advertise here!