goin 2 visit maplin 4 a pcb kit got any ideas 4 a super newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maplins sell a 30 Watt (15 into 8Ohms) sterios amplfier, this is quite cheap (i belive it is £19.99) and should be perfect for someone like yourself.

you may also need to purchase a power supply kit. but i am not certain, it is probably best to ask someone at maplins.

its a kit, it does also come pre built as well but you pay more for that.

the link is here: http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030131153718795&moduleno=32295&modulecode=

most of the infomation is there

EDIT:

reading the infomation, you do not need a powersupply kit, just a transformer which maplins sell, you will need to read the instructions for a sutable type.

this is a sterio amplifier which has 2x10W output in 8 ohm

you will need a 50VA 2x12v 2A transformer for this

wow that was quick.

the thermal greese shouldn't matter as i doubt the ic will produce much heat - but if the chip feels too hot to touch then go and get some, a tube of it is only a few £'s from maplins.

im not sure how you can plug it in, if you point me in the direction of the PDF i should be able to help

no, you cannot plug it into the mains, you must purchase a 50va 12v transformer - you can purchase this from maplins, and it should be quite cheap.

- on page 6 there are powersupply options, i recomend a toridal transfomer as they produce less interferance but nomal laminated iron core transformers are cheaper.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Sord_Fish said:
I'm goin to convince my mum 2 buy me a PCB starter kit coz i really wanna get into making amps and other electronics, but i dont no wot i should make first! Does any body have a good simple schematic of a basic amp not to complex they could send me?

i post all my progress with pics and stuff

plz help this newbie

Sord_Fish

Sord_Fish,

you are asking people to give up their time to help you. Do you not think it would be polite to take the time to write your questions in correctly spelt (and typed) English? Not only is it extremely irritating to see you mangle English, but for those members who are not posting in their first language it must be incomprehensible (they were certainly taught correct spelling and grammar). It may be acceptable to text your friends in this way, but not here.

Good luck with your amplifier, and be careful. Electricity kills.

Re: Re: goin 2 visit maplin 4 a pcb kit got any ideas 4 a super newbie

EC8010 said:

Sord_Fish,

you are asking people to give up their time to help you. Do you not think it would be polite to take the time to write your questions in correctly spelt (and typed) English? Not only is it extremely irritating to see you mangle English, but for those members who are not posting in their first language it must be incomprehensible (they were certainly taught correct spelling and grammar). It may be acceptable to text your friends in this way, but not here.

Amen:nod:

7N7

Attachments

• smoking[1].gif
    smoking[1].gif
    877 bytes · Views: 117
Re: Re: goin 2 visit maplin 4 a pcb kit got any ideas 4 a super newbie

EC8010 said:

Sord_Fish,

Amen:nod:

7N7

Attachments

• smoking[1].gif
    smoking[1].gif
    877 bytes · Views: 103
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.