Hello from Springfield, MA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had in interest in audio since my youth and I have dreamed of creating a very high end loudspeaker since I was 14 (now 38). I am a software applications programmer (.net, java, ect.) by career. I would say I have better than average woodworking skills and a basic understanding of electronics.

About a year ago I decided to make my dream come true. The prior DIY remodel of my home put some of the required tools in my possession and a few promotions at work put just enough cash in piggy bank to get a high end speaker project rolling.

I aimed high and choose Accuton drivers for my project. I love the sound they have but in retrospect these are not the best drivers for beginners as they are very difficult to tame. The possible driver configurations and crossovers have been challenging me for months. I feel like I get them close but never quite right. The more I learn the more I realize how much more I need to learn.

I have been lurking through this site in earnest now for the past few days now and there is a lot of talent here. I am hoping to learn a lot and perhaps my experiences will be useful as well.

Tim

P.S Not sure of the best way to post pictures but I will try to attach some. Hope it works.

Attachments

• fin.top.jpg
    fin.top.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 57
Re: Re: Hello from Springfield, MA

Cal Weldon said:
Words of a wise man.

Put the part about learning in my signature. Seemed fitting.

My frustration with x-over design has been relieved by a 12db LR designed in SW. I have been listening to cd's non stop since I got home from work. I feel like a kid at x-mass. Will see what my ears find amiss next...

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to being part of the community here at diyAudio. The folks here seem really friendly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.