Hello from Melbourne Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I am not a novice but the more I learn the more I know how huge this subject is and how much I still have to learn.
I am hoping to find a few like minded souls who would be willing to share their hard won knowledge and perhaps share the cost of some good software and measuring tools, I have just had my hearing checked and am sad to discover that after years of exposure to loud noise at work I have developed a reasonable amount of high frequency hearing loss so building by ear will no longer work well.
I was working in retail menswear for a large company but soon I start work as a public servant, I enjoy skiing at an intermediate level, downhill and cross-country, I still bushwalk occassionally and while i like to hunt and shoot i find I have little time to do so.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Welcome Moondog.

Moondog55 said:
the more I learn the more I know how huge this subject is and how much I still have to learn
Most of us come to that painful realization at some point!

Moondog55 said:
I have just had my hearing checked and am sad to discover that after years of exposure to loud noise at work I have developed a reasonable amount of high frequency hearing loss so building by ear will no longer work well.
Just because you can't hear above a certain frequency anymore doesn't mean you can't enjoy listening to music or build a system by ear. There is absolutely nothing wrong with building a system that sounds good to you. In fact, you should have a look at some of the full range or wide range drivers available. Have a peek in the full range sub forum to see what everyone's working on :)

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Thanx, you are right of course bt I will use it as an excuse so my partner wil allow me to buy some new toys.
The last pair I built sounded good to me but I would have liked to have them modelled and checked as well, there are still a few kids and relatives without decnt listening gear so LOT"S of room for more experiments:clown: :clown: :D :D
regards Ted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.