Hello from Texas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Getting back into DIY after a long hiatus. Reason is I want some new gear and decided I needed to get the most out of my hard earned US dollars.

Sort of wandered into DIY because I was around a lot of folks who were doing it. In the late 1970s I worked a in the technical side of theatre, did a few pro sound gigs, and made big bucks as a stage lighting electrician. In the early 1980s it was dance clubs and partying. I designed and assembled the sound and lighting (dancefloor) for two Discos. Some of the most fun I've ever had. They used to laugh at me for wearing earplugs to attenuate those monstrously high SPLs. Ha ha ha! I can still hear.

Starting my first project soon. Sub to integrate with Zaph's L18 (speaker17) project. I'll post when the design is complete.

Mike

" ... In the late 1970s = technical side of theatre, = a few pro sound gigs, and = a stage lighting electrician = early 1980s it was dance clubs and partying. ..."

Likewise, minus a decade or so, Austin area in the old Vulcan Gas Company (later Armadillo World HQ) ... :D ... talk about your parties = yeee haaa ... I can still hear too, sort of ...

Welcome to the world of DIY. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.