finding the joys of audio once more... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2007, 10:42 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default finding the joys of audio once more...

Hello All,
Have been a voyeur of this site for many years but have recently fallen back into the hobbist scene...would like to benefit in more detail from sections on this site and help with my knowledge where i can....

My past and present employ;
6yrs Acoustic Designer BMW Group
6yrs Snr Mgr HBAS (Harman Becker Automotive Systems)

Interests;
T-Class
Subjective Evaluation Methodologies
Vehicle Acoustics....in that order.

Best Wishes to all,
danny.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:02 PM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to the forum! I have a particular interest in evaluation methodologies- if you'd care to give some overview, I'd be grateful.
Old 21st May 2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Danny and welcome to the forums.
Old 21st May 2007, 08:46 PM   #4
Hartono is offline Hartono  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Welcome
Old 21st May 2007, 09:04 PM   #5
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome... it looks like you bring some interesting & useful experience to the forum.

dave
Old 23rd May 2007, 01:02 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hello All (well at least 4 of you anyhow )

Sy, 'an overview of subjective methodology' - there isn't enough time away from my true working day to do this justice....when the day comes that we are able to construct statements that are clearly recognisable by the masses with reference to a particular sound, feeling or emotion - all eminating from a vibration in the air - it 'should' make my life easier...allthough i believe not in the Nirvana that others believe 'may' exist one day.

I do however recognise through many years of demonstration that we all hear differently yet there are key elements that we can hit upon to approach a 'common' level of understanding. From this point it has been my experience that the construction of a subjective testing method can be more direct, however finite in its results.

Please note; being an ex senior member of my employers Engineering team limits my ability to wax lyrical about an area of investigation that demands a great deal of resource and financial commitment - it is one area that we are particularly focused upon because it does lead to a benefit for our customers; they do not have the time to wait for a product to recieve acclaim, they need to know in a greatly reduced timescale if the relationship of a Audio system, brand and vehicle aesthetic compliment or detract from one-another. In the investigation of this we also derive a future path....so in knowing what people enjoy subjectively, as a singular influence or from many influences is very important.
Old 23rd May 2007, 01:24 PM   #7
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to diyAudio Danny.

Going to come along to our meet, (see below)?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 23rd May 2007, 02:29 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hey Pinkmouse thanks for the heads-up,

I'd be interested in the get together and will be up that end of the country that weekend for a vehicle event, should be able to pop by one of the days.

thanks again,
danny.

Hide this!Advertise here!