finding the joys of audio once more...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,
Have been a voyeur of this site for many years but have recently fallen back into the hobbist scene...would like to benefit in more detail from sections on this site and help with my knowledge where i can....

My past and present employ;
6yrs Acoustic Designer BMW Group
6yrs Snr Mgr HBAS (Harman Becker Automotive Systems)

Interests;
T-Class
Subjective Evaluation Methodologies
Vehicle Acoustics....in that order.

Best Wishes to all,
danny. :clown:

Hello All (well at least 4 of you anyhow;) )

Sy, 'an overview of subjective methodology' - there isn't enough time away from my true working day to do this justice....when the day comes that we are able to construct statements that are clearly recognisable by the masses with reference to a particular sound, feeling or emotion - all eminating from a vibration in the air - it 'should' make my life easier...allthough i believe not in the Nirvana that others believe 'may' exist one day.

I do however recognise through many years of demonstration that we all hear differently yet there are key elements that we can hit upon to approach a 'common' level of understanding. From this point it has been my experience that the construction of a subjective testing method can be more direct, however finite in its results.

Please note; being an ex senior member of my employers Engineering team limits my ability to wax lyrical about an area of investigation that demands a great deal of resource and financial commitment - it is one area that we are particularly focused upon because it does lead to a benefit for our customers; they do not have the time to wait for a product to recieve acclaim, they need to know in a greatly reduced timescale if the relationship of a Audio system, brand and vehicle aesthetic compliment or detract from one-another. In the investigation of this we also derive a future path....so in knowing what people enjoy subjectively, as a singular influence or from many influences is very important. :angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.