Hello from Roodepoort in South Africa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am a middle aged audio enthusiast currently living in Roodepoort, South Africa (it's part of Johannesburg).

I favour vintage equipment for the looks, though sound quality is important too, of course.

But what I have realized over the years is that even a million dollar system cannot replicate my Yamaha classical guitar perfectly.

My current system (running) is Sansui 777A amplifier, Martin Logan Script loudspeakers, Angstrom 200 (used as dac), Rotel CD transport (model 9000 something) and a PC SPDIF input for DVD's.

Other bits include REL Strata III subwoofer (unused as I live in a flat for now), Technics SE A3 amp (needs work), Sansui AU6900 amp (perfect), Beogram 4000 turntable, Thorens TD 125 with SME arm, Linn Sondek with Alphason arm. Also some other lesser Thorens turntables and other bits and pieces which are in storage, details escape me!

Future plans include, when in suitable premises, DIY loudspeakers such as Andromeda and amp such as Leach.

If I only had the time...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.