hello to all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all

and thanks for welcoming me into your community. Looking forward to a good relationship.
I am not a musican, unless you count 18 months of piano at age 15, but I am an avid audiophile.

Recently most of my interest in the world of sound and music has been focused on computers; and this forum does not really seem to be the place for it. I say this based on the forum topics and the fact that a search for 'computer' and 'sound card' produced everything but 'computer' and 'sound card'. If I'm wrong please let me know. Aren't diyAudio people interested in computers?

;-)

Hello fellow Canuck,

Thanks for the welcome.
I came here for 2 reasons: -1- At one point in the next year or so I want to build my own speakers. And -2- presently was interested in computer related stuff. I was hoping this would provide both.
I'm assuming, that though this may not be the ideal place for computer related stuff (i.e soundcards) people here know enough to perhaps guide me to a forum or website where i can.

As to computers not being DIY, well, yes and no if you think about it. That is 'yes' that you can't actually do physical things that you can touch and smell. But no in so far that there is much that can be created, wouldn't you agree.
But I do get your point. By DIY you mean hands on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.