Another Newcomer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
316a,

Just read the e-mail. Thanks.
I'm away from home, so can't check on the many and various gas diodes you have on offer!:)
Tomorrow I'll check my requirements and contact you.

Yes, I knew your e-mail address, but thought you'd get a better response on the Trading Post if others could contact you.;)

Cheers,

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Re: Re: Hello 7N7

7N7 said:

EC8010: A superior triode indeed

Were you wearing the cans when they "combusted"?:bigeyes:

7N7

Oh yes, they were on. I had heard some crackling, but thought it was just a bit of humidity. However, I noticed a lick of flame out of the corner of my eye, so I took them off. The flames went out quite quickly, but a new diaphragm was needed, which was a pain. Oddly, nobody would listen to them, even though I didn't tell them about the flames. Something to do with the 300V of audio and 900V of bias, I suppose.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
dhaen said:
Mmmmmm
http://www.belgianbeerguide.co.uk/
We're not total innocents over here you know.:cool:

Absolutely. As I type, the glass that came with a bottle of Duvel is half full of Pilsner Urquell. Delighted to meet you.

I tend to keep my nose away from the barium. Incidentally, noxious fumes aside, the neatest way of opening a valve for post-mortem is to pop it in the envelope that the morning's junk mail arrived in, and gently squeeze it in a vice. Far better than a hammer. Then you can investigate the grid structure etc.

I just know someone is going to shout at me for contravening Health & Safety...

dhaen said:
Hi,

Whilst in Florida a few years ago, I couldn't find anything even remotely resembling beer!:D
Some bottles and cans had the text on them, but when opened up all that was revealed was "pop".:D

That's me in trouble....:eek:

Not with me.

A slogan from the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA):

"Miller Lite; the nearest thing to an empty glass"

7N7

Newbe intro get Back to me Guys

Hi to every body on Audio.com the furst thing you will have to forgive is my spelling sorry suppose. I should have entered hear. A week ago and gave you all a quick run down when I singed up right . I am 42 years old single in to Hi Fi audiophile Stuff. That is more so vinyl LP12 states ok my LP 12 is still the standard model basic arm with audio-technica AT-F3/OCC mc

Ok a bit longing in the tooth but still sounds great{ HHM}. But I have to say that I was looking around the site And found some chaps on about who had the most threads who cares its about our hobby. But I can see one think that they say and that is as newbes wee asked two mene questions and do not give back some solid stuff in return. But as I say you have to learn from the guys that now and then we can come back ok yes, one Day we mabe the guys that now

I have to say than my mane instest is in the JLH Class A Amp and the magic help I got from Geoff well it is his site thank you Geoff Magic stuff yes not forgetting you valve guys And not to forget Chris ma as he was my furst reply thank you Chris

Ok a brief history at the age of 15 I started my on disco and built my furst twin deck garrard SP 25s and class a mixer came from two danset record players Hmm 1969 stereo disco still got the deck.
System ended up as 1,500k PA gig but gave it up 1992
second the beers guys gust got back from my locol cheers

Ok THANKS get Back to me

Regards
Colin
:) ;) The JLH Class a Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.