diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Another Newcomer (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/introductions/10080-another-newcomer.html)

7N7 18th January 2003 09:53 PM

Another Newcomer
 
Hello all.

I live in London, and am a hopeless valve addict; my little flat is stuffed with boxes of valves and other audio/electronic junk and test gear etc.

Although I have been interested all my life (well since I was about 3) the madness took over only about six years ago. I have a variety of amplifiers that I have built using wherever possible fairly obscure valves.

I listen mostly to classical music, organ especially, so my transmission lines are very important. I partucuary like vinyl although there is work to be done in that department.

7N7

dhaen 18th January 2003 10:00 PM

Welcome,

Ah, are you the famous 7N7 from "the other lot"?
It you are, you'll find it a bit more lively here! Lot's of near "real-time" interaction.

The Tube Forum is very busy from time to time, and seems to wake up around 23:00 GMT. So you can have a skinfull first :xeye: if that's your way..:D

Cheers,

PS Even if you're an "new" :angel: 7N7, you're still welcome.

7N7 18th January 2003 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dhaen
Welcome,

Ah, are you the famous 7N7 from "the other lot"?
It you are, you'll find it a bit more lively here! Lot's of near "real-time" interaction.

Thank you very much for your kind and welcoming words. I had not realised that I was famous, but yes I am THAT 7N7.:D

I look forward to some lively discussions; for anyone else who reads this, you will see that I am perhaps more measuring than "listening" but I am a music-lover:angel:

Best wishes to all

7N7

Ryder 18th January 2003 10:12 PM

Welcome!

London!?

Are you a member of this group?

http://www.earthcurrents.com/london-live/

7N7, yes that rings a bell or two.

Anyway, nice to see you here.


Chow,
Craig Ryder

dhaen 18th January 2003 10:17 PM

7N7,

Quote:

I am perhaps more measuring than "listening" but I am a music-lover
Good. That'll stir up some lively debate.:cool:
Do you know Fatbottle? I mean apart from at AA?

Cheers,

7N7 18th January 2003 10:21 PM

London Live
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Ryder
Welcome!

London!?

Are you a member of this group?

http://www.earthcurrents.com/london-live/

7N7, yes that rings a bell or two.

Anyway, nice to see you here.


Chow,
Craig Ryder

Yes, since 1997 - I'm usually at the pub:xeye:

7N7

7N7 18th January 2003 10:23 PM

FB
 
Quote:

Originally posted by dhaen
7N7,


Good. That'll stir up some lively debate.:cool:
Do you know Fatbottle? I mean apart from at AA?

Cheers,

Oh yes I count FB as one of my friends; we have shared a few laughs and the odd mad risky evening (electrically I mean of course!:bigeyes:

7N7

fdegrove 19th January 2003 12:06 AM

LONDON CALLING.
 
Hi,

Seems you come highly recommended...:D

Hope to read you soon...I need an adversary or two.:angel:

Damn...do I miss the U.K days...:bawling:

Teach us,;)

pinkmouse 19th January 2003 12:17 AM

Hi 7N7 and welcome:)

We might have met, I popped in to the pub for the november meet, spent most of the night chatting to Jack about his Monster TL subs at the bar!:drink:

7N7 19th January 2003 12:18 AM

Re: LONDON CALLING.
 
Quote:

Originally posted by fdegrove
Hi,

Seems you come highly recommended...:D

Hope to read you soon...I need an adversary or two.:angel:

Damn...do I miss the U.K days...:bawling:

Teach us,;)

Ooh! Bloody Hell!:o

Well perhaps you haven't seen the ruckus I caused somewhere else: I just got utterly fed up with people discussing the sound of getters, and (here we go - flame-proof suits and fire-extinguishers at the ready) droning on about which 12AU7 sounds the best. :bawling:

Nevertheless, I am always careful never to make my points personal, even though others have. Naughty that, I think.

I'll try to think of something to post soon; you'll probably find me only in the "Tubes" department as I have very little to say about loudspeakers etc.

I suppose I must behave as I am new here! ;)

7N7


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2