2 x 10 speaker ohm. help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right I guess this question is rather 'noobish' but here it goes. I have Peavey 210TVX. It has two 10" speakers and is rated at 4 ohms. However I would like the overall inpendence to be 8 ohms instead, as I would then be able to connect two 8ohm cabinets to my bass amp instead of just the one.

I know that I would need to change the speakers in it and I am therefore guessing that two 16ohm speakers would, when used in one unit take the inpendence down to 8ohms. The problem is I cannot find any 10" 16ohm bass speakers.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Chris.

I'm not very clear exactly what you're wanting?.

Presumably this is a combo?, and has two 8 ohm speakers in parallel to give full output into the resulting 4 ohm load.

You want to replace the internal speakers with 16 ohms ones, so it's a LOT quieter, and add an external 8 ohm speaker to bring the power back to what it was before.

Using four speakers rather than two will give a small increase in volume, but probably nothing worth all the effort and expense. Bear in mind the amount of power is still the same as it was before.

I would suggest building an extra cab with a slave amp built-in, and feed that from the combo - so you're getting a genuine increase in power and volume, and it's probably no more expensive than having to buy two new speakers anyway.

Sorry, I don't think I made myself very clear

basically I have a Behringer BX4500h bass amplifier head churning out 450 watts. I have a peavey 210 TVX bass cabinet which is 4 ohms and capable of churning out 175 watts. I also have a Peavey TVX 115 which is 8 ohms and capable of churning out 350 watts.

I cannot use these together with this amplifier at present due to the ohm impendence being too low for the amp to handle. Therefore I would like to somehow make the 2x10 cabinet 8ohms instead so that both cabinets can be used simultaneously.

Any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.