Ampeg SVT-VR or SVT-CL Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody,
I'd like to build tube amplifier on my own and I had chosen Ampeg SVT, but have a problem with schematics:
On the Internet I can only find an old SVT schems (http://users.aol.com/bluemuse/ampeg.html -SVT preamp and SVT poweramp). that uses 12DW7, 12BH7, 12AX7 & 6C4 tubes in preamp and driver stage. This times it's very hard to find 12DW7 & 12BH7, even impossible in my country :/
Does anybody have the new schematics (with 2x12AX7+ 12AU7 in preamp and 12AX7 + 2x12AU7 in driver) or can just adjust the older schematics to use only 12AX7 & 12AU7 (and maybe EL34 in amp stage) against 12DW7, 12BH7 and 6C4?

I'll be enjoyed with every help

--
Peace

I've got a VT-22 that if I remember correctly uses 12AX7A, 12AU7A, 6AN8A, 7027A and maybe one other common tube... none of the schematics I can find online now match it, I'm pretty sure I found one a few years back though.. I can try to hunt it down if you're interested.. it'll probably mean taking an old PC out of mothballs ;)

Weird triodes

I can not get any in polish interent shops. It is possible, that they product this tubes only for The States and another west countries and that why they are unreachable in polish suplliers.
aletheian & gingertube : Yes, I can adjust the circuit to the new tubes and I know that they are simply mix of two types, but I'm looking for the new schematics, also because It contains less tubes and it would be less complicated and cheaper to build.
So radtech if you can send it, I would be very interested with this VT22 schem.
Thanks for all replies.
I'm still looking for these schematics

radtech said:
I've got a VT-22 that if I remember correctly uses 12AX7A, 12AU7A, 6AN8A, 7027A and maybe one other common tube... none of the schematics I can find online now match it, I'm pretty sure I found one a few years back though.. I can try to hunt it down if you're interested.. it'll probably mean taking an old PC out of mothballs ;)

You have a VT22 that DOESN'T use a compactron? THAT i would like to see. those are rare as a dragon's tooth.

mroovka said:
Hello everybody,
I'd like to build tube amplifier on my own and I had chosen Ampeg SVT, but have a problem with schematics:
On the Internet I can only find an old SVT schems (http://users.aol.com/bluemuse/ampeg.html -SVT preamp and SVT poweramp). that uses 12DW7, 12BH7, 12AX7 & 6C4 tubes in preamp and driver stage. This times it's very hard to find 12DW7 & 12BH7, even impossible in my country :/
Does anybody have the new schematics (with 2x12AX7+ 12AU7 in preamp and 12AX7 + 2x12AU7 in driver) or can just adjust the older schematics to use only 12AX7 & 12AU7 (and maybe EL34 in amp stage) against 12DW7, 12BH7 and 6C4?

I'll be enjoyed with every help

--
Peace
Ampeg will e mail you any schematic that you need. I have a schem for an SVT-3 pro left over from a repair job... if you need it, i can send it to you. it has a SS power amp, but the preamp is classic SVT, but without the 12DW7

SVT-3 schematic

I also have this one, but svt-cl and svt-vr have 2 channels in preamp. I'd also like to know, how is driver in this amps designed.
I was looking for e-mail on Ampeg site, but I couldn't find it on the contact site. Today I found it on the support site. We will see what they think about giving these schematics.

aletheian said:

You have a VT22 that DOESN'T use a compactron? THAT i would like to see. those are rare as a dragon's tooth.

So I finally got around to digging the amp out, and it seems my memory of it was a bit faulty, it does inded have the 12DW7 tubes.
Here's what it's got:

1 - 12AX7A
1 - 6AN8A
1 - 6CG7
3 - 12DW7
4 - 7027A

So it's not what I thought, apparently I had remembered the 12DW7s as 12AU7s, but still, no compactron!

radtech said:

So I finally got around to digging the amp out, and it seems my memory of it was a bit faulty, it does inded have the 12DW7 tubes.
Here's what it's got:

1 - 12AX7A
1 - 6AN8A
1 - 6CG7
3 - 12DW7
4 - 7027A

So it's not what I thought, apparently I had remembered the 12DW7s as 12AU7s, but still, no compactron!
Ah yes, i remember now. The compactron is on the onw with the echo (reverb) unit.

this must be the one you have:

VT22_Schem2.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.