Ampeg SVT-VR or SVT-CL Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well I actually never bought inductances from them, just trafos,,, I once asked a quote for the inductances to build a mesa mk4 but then the guy didn't like my price so I never bought any since that was the only time I needed some,,,

I remember tho that they can do inductances 'in air' meaning with no core if I got that right,,,

I can ask if you want,,,

cool thing is that they do trafos to spec in every way,,, when I need toroidals to fit into 1U racks, they're the only company I know that can build some for me,,,

Can you answer to this question?

In the archive there are svt - cl and svt2 pro schematic...
Why?
Have they got the same circuit in some parts??

And are you sure that it will work correctly or is it better if I send a message to ampeg to have the schematic they currently use (if they can send them)?

thanks

Matman said:
Can you answer to this question?

In the archive there are svt - cl and svt2 pro schematic...
Why?
Have they got the same circuit in some parts??

And are you sure that it will work correctly or is it better if I send a message to ampeg to have the schematic they currently use (if they can send them)?

thanks

Is it so hard to compare descripsions of amps at www.ampeg.com or in their manuals (the same website)?

Why do you think the schematics aren't original?

I don't think they aren't original...
There are many parts in common... I think all the part of the schematics matches...

I was surprised to find some 2PRO schematic on the VST-CL schematic archive (it means that they have same schematis in some parts)...

And I was asking why are they there, if they are compatible (and I think yes) and if someone know the amp works correctly in that way?

Hey guys! It's my first post here. I've been thinking of making my own SVT lately. In fact, the SVT2-pro would be great. mroovka, I tried to PM you, but I'm too new apparently. I checked the link and it's dead for the SVT2pro. If there is some other way I could get those from you, it would be great.

I built a SVT premap with a solid state 400W mosfet power amp, similar to SVT3 or SVT4. It sounds exactly :D like SVT's i had used before.
I also did a design for the inductor usign an RM8 pot core.
I did a pcb layout for the preamp, i am more than happy to share all the details with anyone, email me at hotmail.com
andymac1962

Ampeg SVT CL Schematic

Hi there,

I am having difficulty with the fault protection circuitry. It appears as though an undesignated 8 pin IC in on the preamp board is defective. The problem also is related to a shorted diode in the same section. I have replaced the diode, but fault mode is still active. Removing the harness allows the bias led's to return to operation.The link to the Ampeg SVT CL has been used more than 10 times and has expired. mroovka could you please send a copy to me at heather.tv@att.net ?

I had an SVT2 preamp. It was available in a 1U rack mount.
I used a 300W power amp i already had.

The sound was the same as old SVT's i had used before, and looking at the circuits on line, it is similar to the old SVT2, the new SVT3 pro, SVT4 pro

I did a pcb layout, and an inductor design. Happy to share with anyone who wants

mroovka said:
They are different, if the link is down, please write your e-mail here, & I'll send them to you.

Hey everybody! I'm also too new to PM and the link's down. I'm in need of the schemes for the current production SVT-CL. My email's tsiniranta(at)gmail.com. If you still have the goods, could you help me out?

:hug: Thanks in advance!

basstard said:
what about reading the thread?? :smash:

check posts #36 and #50 in page 2 of this thread,,, I posted some links that may interest you,,,

Yyyyeah, well I did note your posts, but like I said I was looking for schematics to current production Classics. And as someone stated, they were different. Those were for the originals. And I understood mroovka had gotten the later ones from the factory. Right? The ones he was sharing. But thanks for your concern anyhow! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.