Ampeg SVT-VR or SVT-CL Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ragnar, just been on your homepage and I've seen some very nice builds there,,, shame I can't read slovak,,, but my congrats never the less.

I see you have much fun in etching copper,,, :D
Me myself I just bought a shipload of turrets,,, that should do for the next 3-4 amps,,, I'm in love with point to point builds,,,

Also, are you on SLOclone? it's a nice place and I guess you should like it given your interest in building higain amps,,,

BTW, what cab you usin with the SVT head? and do you have any clip of that?

:bigeyes: thanks, well, I do etch boards myself only if it fits A4 paper, that`s the size of blue foil I use to transfer the board layout right onto the board, which I have to design in eagle. I don`t 100% copy any of the amp I build, i try to define my own sound heh.
Well, I know that soldano is some kind of clone to the MB recto, but I prefer that recto, I played on some builds of SLO, but I didn`t like the sound, it more fits rock than extreme metal, but anyway, KranKs are my beloved onces :D
I don`t use some special kind of cabinet with that amp, my friend borrowed me a 1x12" bass cab once and it kinda sound quite good with it, I`m not a bassman, I just play bass, record with it, but I`m a guitarist on the first place :).
Of course, I used to make amps with p2p style, but for hi-gain, it tend to generate oscilations and signal noise, I fell in love with combination on PCB and tubes :), it takes some time to design the board, but after that it`s worth it.
cheers

I got quite some questions, especially about the pcb oscillation thing, but I don't wanna go off topic anymore.

I'll just say that if you think sloclone is just for the slo you're deffo wrong,,, there's a section called 'other noteworthy amps' that has two or three things to teach everybody ;)
oh, there's also a nice krank thread you might like,,, :D

yeah I know about that, I just mentioned I don`t like soldano as an amp, nothing more..
as for the oscilations, I meant things like when tho absolutely different signal busses runs along each other, it might interfere and so it would probably enerate signal noise, thats why I use to fill up empty places on baord with ground signal therefore many of the signals stay "sealed" and oscilations have much lower chance to generate themselves. As long as gaps between signals stay adequatly big, I won`t thing about parasitic capacities and so a tone suck.
that`s all from me for this one, sory for the OT :cannotbe:.

hm, there`s no more boards, because my dead harddisk took them away, and only two circuits back-uped on flash key was rescued :bawling:, I won`t start any project now untill I`ll buy a new PC.
Anyway, this preamp wasn`t 100% original, as I designed the board, I also made some upgrades and modifications to it until it was finished, I reduced number of midrange switches frof 5 to 3, added som extra RCs, and some of the other parts vaues changed, especialy caps and resistors, to slightly calm down the drive, which was a little bit too high for me if maxed...
that`s how avery project ends until it is absolutely finished, modding till death :angel:.
but even if thats preamp look`s difficult, if made on pcb, it will look more simple when done...;)

Coil

Hello everybody!
Sorry, for "long" delay, here you go SVT schematics (if the links became dead, post me PM with your e-mail):

And one question from me:
How did you make the coil for mid-control? Was it on ferrite core, or air-coil or somehow another?

Hi... I'm a new member...

This is a beautiful topic...
I love Ampeg SVT-CL... It's one of my dream to build it...

The download link to the schematic is unfortunately not working and I can't pm mroovka to get it...

If someone has that, please send it to my email...

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.