Albert Kreuzer preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not meaning to be disrespectful, but there's not really much to not understand about that schematic. The volume pots (P1 & P2) are wired directly to the pickups, with wiper and ground connected to the preamp.

The tone pot (P3) is connected just as shown.

Just about the only thing that can go wrong is connecting pots reverse, such that volume decreases as you turn clock-wise.

The switches change the character of the tone pot. You can leave them out if you want to.

Rune

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
(I just wrote a comprehensive reply to this, but then it crashed when I tried to log in to send... oh well... here is the shorter version...)

The pots in the circuit seem standard and info can be found here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_FAQ

The switches are:

S1a and S1b are two parts of the same single switch. It is internally separated into two electrically isolated parts, each half having a common point and two switched contacts. It is known as a DPDT (double-pole-double-throw) type. (Note that N.C. in the circuit means Not Connected). In the circuit as given, as the switch lever is thrown one internal half of the switch makes contact while the other half breaks contact.

S2 is a simple on-off switch. It is known as a SPST (single-pole-single-throw) type.

Information (not low voltage but exactly the same principles) can be found here: http://www.1728.com/project2.htm

runebivrin said:
Not meaning to be disrespectful, but there's not really much to not understand about that schematic. The volume pots (P1 & P2) are wired directly to the pickups, with wiper and ground connected to the preamp.

The tone pot (P3) is connected just as shown.

Just about the only thing that can go wrong is connecting pots reverse, such that volume decreases as you turn clock-wise.

The switches change the character of the tone pot. You can leave them out if you want to.

Rune

Not disrespectful at all, as a matter of fact thank you for your reply! Im not going to lie to you and say that Ive got alot of expericence reading schematics because I don't have any(obviously) but I took on this project to help me learn. SO what I gather from your post Im going about this all wrong. Thanks alot for your help. Its much clearer now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.