Peavey CS800X Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ecris,
Welcome.

Which model do you have? Old, newer or CS800S?
What's wrong with it?

Edit: I should have looked more closely. The X version; means capable of driving 2ohm.
Schematic will shortly be in your mailbox.

/Hugo

Attachments

• cs800.jpg
    cs800.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 578
And for anyone wanting ANY Peavey schematics, all you have to do is contact customer service at Peavey. They will send you any you might want.

Yes they are great! but they run on Mississippi time. Which is a lot like how Molasses runs in winter.

Peavey has always been helpful, but i know its going to be 30 minutes on hold. then one day, someday the parts will arrive or the schematics will show in my inbox. sometimes it takes 2-3 more phone calls to get them moving. sometimes it's just easier to post here and hope someone already has them LOL!

CS800S power supply

While the subject is up and before starting a new thread, anybody understand on the CS800S what peavey is doing with the TFMR100, also shown as T105, the IRGP440U FET transistors, and the IC U100 (a TSC44Z3) on page 22 of the schematic I got from eserviceinfo.com? Also shown on Page 5. It looks likes they are measuring the output, and gating the FET's through a transformer to let out current based on that measurement and a bias input. It looks like the current they are letting out is directly rectified off the AC power line. My understanding can't be right is it? I thought switcher power supplies had an internal oscillator that ran really fast, teens of kilohz, into a little toroid transformer that is rectified and DC filtered. Where is the oscillator input?
My CS800S works fine, but if this part blows up I'm afraid it would be just so much scrap metal if I don't understand it better.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.