Spector Legend 6 classic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Charles,

I have not played this bass, but I have tried Spector 4 and 5 strings. I don't care much for the curved bodystyle, and I especially disliked the profile of the neck. I like wide, flat profiles like on the Yamaha TRB-6 (great bass, electronics leave a lot to be desired) and on my Vigier Passion 5 (and Status before that). The spector basses I played had fender-like clubby neck profiles.
The sound of the spector basses was awesome, but I think too obtrusive for allround use (although I am a big fan of active electronics)
All in all, not fond of Spector basses (but it's only my 2 cents).
What kind of sound are you looking for?

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Jarno.

Do you have a chance to play the spector 6?

Yes there is a chance to try it. But I only go to do this if the instrument isn't ******** from the biginning.

Keep in mind that this is quite a "cheap" bass being from this maunfacturer (obviously made for the in far-east). And furthermore I am a fan of through-neck constructions (which this one isn't) but the through-neck models from Spector would be prohibitively expensive (it is just a hobby after all).

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.