Bass Amp options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a bass guitar, one channel of a Behringer 1500 that's not being used (the other channel is powering a monitor) and a cabinet with 2x12 speakers. What do I need to add to this to make this combo temporarily work until I get a more permanent solution?

Could I use a Behringer Bass V-amp (V-amp2) feeding the Behringer Ep1500 ?

What are some other bass preamps readily available that I could run to a Ep1500?

Should be able to use the V-amp fairly comfortably I think.

If your bass is active you might not even need that, I've driven poweramps just using the bass alone before. Obviously you'll probly only have the basses tone shaping ability and also be lacking a bit of grunt depending on the output of your bass.

Yes, It has active pickups. I was afraid of hurting my PA by going direct. I guess I have read some conflicting info about hurting the main amp. I could plug it direct to my mixer, I suppose, I do have a small 6 channel Behringer mixer that I could use independantly of the main mixer and then feed the unused channel of the ep1500.

Thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.