Preamp for Line In and Mic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all,

I need a preamp for recording mic and/or instruments on a multitrack soundcard.

My soundcard as some inputs that don't have preamps. So when I try to record my bass or my mic directly into those inputs, the signal getting to the recording software is very low.

I ask for your advice on choosing the right preamp for this use. I've searched a lot (on the Net and on this forum) but since I'm not an expert I have some difficulty being sure which of the project is the right one for what I want.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers

You may want to look around for a couple of strips from a decent mixer. I grabbed a pair of channel strips from an older Soundcraft recording board for cheap. Add a power supply and there you go. Have a look around here:
http://prodigy-pro.com/forum/
Tons of information about this sort of thing plus schematics, etc. for just about any type of recording equipment. Check the FAQ's for a good start.
HTH,
John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.