Help with Marshall Avt50H.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, first off this seems like a great forum and I hope to keep posting here ( I just found you guys today).
Anyway, I took apart my Marshall AVT50H today to clean the inside (guy that owned it before me had spilled soda inside) and replace the input jack which had cracked. Upon first inspection I noticed that resistor R58 was burned up and had even discolored the board and the resistor next to it. I traced the circut and found no other componants were damaged. I have been using the amp for about a year with no problems (until the broken input jack) and I wanted to see if any of you guys had any idea what could have caused the resistor to burn like that. Also if anyone can send me a schmatic for this amp, or can tell me what the value of R58 is so I can replace it once i figure out what is going on.

thanks in advance.

-Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.