12th annual AES Conv./Show in San Francisco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
... just got home from the show. I am sure others will have something to add to this, but I did get some pictures of a couple of interesting things. ( http://www.aes.org )

Wanna see 'em?

(If this thread should be placed somewhere else, then ... DIYAudio.com web master make it so.)

1st: Analog Devices Evaluation board of their first generation Class-D amp. This one is at approx. 15Watts w/less than 0.005% THD, 95+% overall efficiency, scalable to 150+Watts on this board ... :cool:

Attachments

• uni-0014.jpg
    uni-0014.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 75
This camera work makes me cry ...

The quality and engineering care that went into this equipment was, in my opinion, "Best of Show". This stood out like a precious jewel among some very nice cut glass ... Sorry about the picture quality.

The work of D. W. Fearn:

Attachments

• uni-0021.jpg
    uni-0021.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 80
Yes, but in the same vein as ...

... policeman, fireman, coastguardsman ... I'm too old to be politically correct.

In this case "craftswoman" might be more of a slure than not ...

(I was not going to associate names / companies with the photos I took, partly because my photos do not do anyone even reasonable justice and also because, although in each case I asked for permission to take them, the AES show was a "no cameras allowed" event.)

Wanna see more? I've got about half a dozen or so that are at least partially viewable. :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.