Strange reverb circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I am modifying an old PA amp(6L6 PP) for guitar use, simply rebuilding its preamp, and then have some power left to play with ( 3 more triodes ).
I have allready done clean & overdrive channels and was thinking adding a reverb (I have on hand that Hi-inputZ spring unit--> see thread "Driving an unusal Z=1k5-2k input spring reverb w/o tranny" but now I realise that it wouldn't fit into the chassis as is !)

In addition, last week I bought a box of old radio magazines, and found an article on a HiFi bichannel reverb amp, with an unusual reverb stage with only caps as delay line ! So I am curious to give it a try.

Have you some comments/experiences about it ?

I have also on hand a dozen of various TV delay lines, may be it can be useful to enhance the effect in that topology ? any ideas ?

Attachments

• img0001.jpg
    img0001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 177
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That looks like a 3 pole phase shift oscillator circuit to me, probably oscillating at a very low frequency. I should think it would sound more like a slow tremolo than a reverb. Still it might be interesting to try.

Another possibility would be to see if one of the small accutronics or belton tank reverbs would fit.

TV delay lines have very short delays not useful for audio imho. (Typically a few uSec)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.