Bogen k10 hum problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm converting a bogen K10 into a guitar amp. It's sounding really good by itself now.

What I've done so far is bypass the low impedance transformer and run the guitar signal direct to the .33uf cap that feeds the input into the 6au6. I also installed a 3 wire, grounded power cable now. That got rid of most of the hum.

I've got the hum/noise down to an acceptable level, except when I try to use it with another tube amp.

For example, if I use a stereo chorus foot pedal, has one input from guitar, two outputs, the K10 hums horribly loud. The other amp is an old one which has the "ground" switch, but it doesn't matter which way I switch it . It also has the 3 wire grounded power line.

Any ideas about what else to try? The amp sounds really good by itself. Like an old Marshall, only not as loud.

Peace,

Rico

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.