Behringer EuroPower 1500 review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Construction quality is great, sound is excellent, value is hard to beat, cooling fan is noisy!

If it had an adaptive fan it would be almost perfect. RCA inputs would have been a bonus, but 1/4" to RCAs are easy enough to make.

Over all, for $249 (partsexpess.com), I am very satisified.

Andy

I tried it on my MG12 with not so good result.
Compare to my UcD180 amp, the EP1500 blurs everything. The layers of the music, the soundstage or the highs are all gone. But the sound was very easy to listen.
At the price the EP1500 is quite nice. The JVC RXF10S I had got a better details but less bass.
Also, the build quality is much better than I expected.

The EP1500 is the best value for money machine i had ever listen to!

It beats many "Audiophile" amps with its driving capability, and high power.

You can always replace the fan (i think it has a 24V unit) with a better one or put two noiseless fans in series.

sorry to resurrect this old thread,,, just need some info:

first off, what is the real RMS power output this thing is rated to? I've read a lot about this amp but couldn't really find, not even on the behringer manual, the real nominal power rating,,,

second, and I know this is quite personal, but how is the bass response? how is it tight?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.