Got pics of pickup. Please help ID

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally got the pics of my 1969 (I like the year) Framus guitar's pickups. As I've played with a opamp circuit I know the gain needed (approx). All I'd like to know is what kind of pickup it is.

The black plastic around the silver "frame" is just a cover.

Thanks,
Wynand

Attachments

• picture 16.jpg
    picture 16.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 293
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Next time you have the strings off for a change over, pop one of the pickups out by undoing the four scews at the corners and measure the resulting hole. It does look like just about anything would fit, but it's always best to make sure. However depending on the design of the surrounds, you may need to make a new scratchplate. If you like the original sound, then look for a P90 type as Sreten suggests above, otherwise a humbucker type should work well. What style do you play?

As already said, these appear to be single coils. My guess is that they are Bill Lawrence-designed as he worked as a guitar product designer for Framus many years ago, but under a different name - something like Billy Lorenzo, as that was also his performance/stage name, at the time. He builds a pickup today that looks similar.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.