peavey cs800 power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dear all,
recently i'm fixing peavey cs 800 power amplifier(800 watts) with low sensitivity response (seem this PA not giving all power that he had) if i compared with the same source from mixer console with other poer amplifier like interM1000 (1000 watts) this peavey sond much smaller than that.
What i did is, I try changed some of the op amp in the input stage
(RA......? i forgot the type) with TL 072, its work but in different character than Ra...? and checking all the passive components and the transistors, seem everything okay? (oh yaa, i changed some diode inside the output heatshink with 1n4003 because some of them are leak)
and the other IC is 7487...?( i'm forget the last 3 number) with TL 072 but its not work (the protect led lights), my question is:

.what wrong with this Power amplifier?
.what is the equivalent of 7487..? in this PA? is it something wrong with this IC's?

thanks in advanced,
bonie bong

"recently i'm fixing peavey cs 800 power amplifier(800 watts) with low sensitivity response (seem this PA not giving all power that he had) if i compared with the same source from mixer console with other poer amplifier like interM1000 (1000 watts) this peavey sond much smaller than that."

The input sensitivity of the amplifiers (gain) is different, don't mess with it.

".what wrong with this Power amplifier?"

Nothing, the gain is different.

"what is the equivalent of 7487..?"

That is the date code, not the part number. Put the original part back in and hope it works.

"in this PA? is it something wrong with this IC's?"

There was nothing wrong with the original IC. Put the original back in and hope it works. If it doesn't work, take it to a qualified electronics technician. Tell him you stuck in a TL072 where the NE5534 should have been. There is also a 555 timer in the DDT limiter circuit.

Either turn down the input gain on the interM1000 until it matches the CS800 or add a line amplifier to the input of the Peavey.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.