VOX Pathfinder 15 R schematics wanted

Don't know about the 15R but if you go here:

http://www.schematicheaven.com

and enter, you will find links to the Vox section and the Pacemaker is there. This should form the core of your 15R without the reverb. You can probably blag the reverb section from a different model.

Is it a problem you have or is it just for curiosity/reference that you need the schematic? If you post details then someone may be able to help with advice on it without needing the full circuit.

Pathfinder - Pacemaker - DOOOHHHHH!!!! Another "senior moment"!

Sorry about that, confusion over things like pacemakers is common at my age. Will keep my eyes open as I snake about. Glad it isn't a crucial problem.

PS Incidentally, if you haven;t come across it yet, there are a lot of Vox schematics for just about everything in the range at this site, (plus every other make of importance too):

http://www.freeinfosociety.com

Follow Technology - Electronics - Schematic Archive - Audio and lose an evening!

question about auto sound cut...

hi, I'm a guitar player from Paris, France, and have a nice PAthFinder 15R... but, a problem occurs frequently : sometimes, the sound auto cut... nothing dealing with levels or what... it's quite hazardous... Is there a resistor problem ? or ? any Idea ? thank you for your respons.

Newby here , thanks for the schematic , I have a Pathfinder 15 that randomly switches to hi gain . But only when you're not looking , Ive had it open on the bench and nothing happens , but I did notice the 10V at rear of switch drops to zero , as if the switch was on . ANY IDEAS ?

Thank you vintagekiki for posting the Vox Pathfinder 15 schematic.

I just acquired a Pathfinder 15 model V9168, 220v-240v 50hz 20W.
But I live in the USA and need to convert it to 110V-125V used here.

I know I can buy a step up transformer but ...can this amp be "converted"/modified
internally to avoid using the step up transformer?

Thanks in advance to anyone/everyone.

I know I can buy a step up transformer but ...can this amp be "converted"/modified internally to avoid using the step up transformer?

Yes, swap the power transformer for the US model. Whether Vox will sell you one is another story. Looking at my lousy jpg schematic it looks like the part number is 05T-VFJ but that J could be a 3

The power transformer provides +12V/0/-12V AC and so any similar transformer c. 30VA* with a thermal fuse will do. UL rated too, please! At a pinch a 50W 12V halogen transformer would do, if with theoretically a bit more hum.

Be warned that these rather delightful amps are not intended to be serviced and are a complete bastard to get the PCB in and out: I break something about every second or third time I have mine apart (currently the reverb is AWOL :mad: ).

*IRRC - it's currently out of the house at a gig. So check the VA draw on the back panel.

Last edited:
I just acquired a Pathfinder 15 model V9168, 220v-240v 50hz 20W.
But I live in the USA and need to convert it to 110V-125V used here.
Look what is written on the transformer, for which main voltage is provided.
If is not provided for 110V-125V, a better option is to replace the existing 240-240 volt transformer (p/n 057-VFE) with a 120 volt transformer (p/n 057-VFU).
The price of a step up transformer and a 120 volt transformer is about the same, only you get a more comfortable use.

http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/p15r_hood.html

Power Supply
The Vox Pathfinder Reverb did not include a mains selector to adjust for the various AC line voltages offered in the world. Vox addressed this issue by offering the Pathfinder Reverb with one of three different mains transformers. For Japan and other countries with 100 VAC mains, Vox installed a power transformer with a 100VAC primary, p/n 057-VFJ. For the US market, a 120 volt transformer was installed with the p/n 057-VFU. For the UK, Europe and Asia, a 240-240 volt transformer was installed, p/n 057-VFE. All had a 12 VAC secondary output.

The 100 and 120 volt versions of the amplifier used a 250V-T500ma fuse. The 200-240 volts versions used a 250V/250ma fuse.

https://www.tdpri.com/media/vox-pathfinder-15r-schematic.27215/
Vox Pathfinder 15R Schematic