Bass practice amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bass practice amp or preamp
can be any amp design.
The only difference is that a bass amp does not have to have
as extreme upper freq capability.
That is a thing that makes bass amp (or amp for low in an active speaker system) some what easier to design.

such an amp can on the other hand need more capability
in the lower freq
that is to cope with speakers that need more currents (that have a dip in the resistance for AC) in that low region

So choice would be to make an amp that not get into shortage of current,
has adekvat (BIG) trafo and PSU (power supply)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Looks OK, at first glance. But it's not 'little' by any standard I can imagine. 100 watt is quite a bit.

I know Fender makes a wonderful little bass practice amp, all of 15 watt, with amazing bass and is also great for the crunch blues and rock sound. Oh well, if we want to DIY a bass amp, I( guess even a gainclone will do. Their main issue is HF IM distortion, so by limiting the range to below say 3K will produce good bass (remember you don't want to severely roll off the highs, or the attack will suffer.

One important consideration of a bass amp is speed. The speaker has to be very carefully chosen, or it will create tubby bass as opposed to lean and tight...

I am building a small practice amp for my band, based around a TDA 7294 and a 2x12+horn PA cab. This will be used for both guitar and bass....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.