beringer 8x10 cab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have gone through 3 berigner 8x10 cabs and i countinue to experiance the same problem with each. one of the speakers ends up rattling especially while playing slap. after each one i have bought a new head. the first one was the beringer head i which was at 600 watts i think then the last two cabs i have stuck with my gallian kruger 300 watt head in hopes that teh beringer head was juts overpowering it. i dont understand becasue its a solid cab great sound and good handling, but could it be my bass it self or somehting i am doing to cause the problem?

Is there a compressor on the head? Turn it on some. When you slap, you send tremendous spikes through the system. The poor speaker can hop its voice coil out of the gap. or at least overexcursion can cause damage. I suspect it is not a matter of too much power, but rather the transients of popping and slapping. COmpressor pedals can be run in front of the amp, and a rack type compressor/limiter can be used int he effects loop. By compressing, you lop the size of the transients back down to size. You get a bit more sustain too. If you don't like the subtle changes to the dynamics, then use a limiter, which acts like a compressor, but only after a certain level is reached.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.