Hi.I;m new here :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sure it's cheap, i built mine while i was still at university and didnt pay for a single part.. that said, most of the parts are easily available. you can even get the microprocessors free as samples..

I have finished the brain, it works really well! but i havent finished all the pads yet.

I suggest using the module with a software sampler like 'Native Instruments Battery'

? - the edrum can sound like anything you want.. you choose the sample.. physically hitting the pad sounds like a dull thud if that's what you mean..

ive only made the 'piezo glued to the bottom of a cake tin idea' and it works well. it isnt very glamourous. I have recently bought several remo practise pads and plan to make mesh heads from them as shown lately on the edrum site..

If you're stuck for samples, then google for some multisampled acoustic drumkits. there are quite a few free ones floating about that sound really nice. or you can sample old funk tunes with clean drum breaks and cut the hits from them.

for cymbols, i suggest checking the zildjian website, they have samples of all their cymbols and hihats!!! hundreads of them!

Hi again! :)
The piezo triger... should I build it my self or I can buy one?
Do you know some other way to build a pad?Like Admir said on his web site one pad costs about 36 euros, and that's too expensive for me.Some guy said that his are made of boxes for storing food (?).Is there any other way to build a pad exept with practice pads? (I don't even know what a practice pad is for that mather :) )
B.T.W. Thank you very much for helping me :)

you buy the piezos, they are very cheap..

then you can glue them to just about anything solid, but each piezo will need it's own solid object or you will get feedback between piezos that are mechanically coupled..

i found a cheap remo practise kit so i used that, but before i did i glued piezos to cake tins with a mouse pad on top - it worked just as well, but doesnt look as professional..

scour the internet, that's where i learnt everything about it. failing that use your imagination. it's pretty hard to have it not work once you have built the electronics up

I have onboard sound card on my PC.Can I use my PC as a sempler (It doesn't have midi on it) or should I buy a sound card?There is some serial port on the drum that Admir designed.Can I plug that in my PC somehow? :)
Like I understood so far I can use anything for pads as long as it sends vibrations to the piezo, right? :)
B.T.W. When I plug the drum in my PC , then what?Should I have some program or?Like some plug in for FL studio or reason or...? :)
Sorry but I really don't undersatand very much of this stuff :)

onboard soundcards are useless, get soemthing cheap like a creative live or audigy. it will need to have ASIO support. I wouldnt bother with the serial input. definatly get a card with midi

FL studio has a drum sampler that will do the trick. otherwise use NI battery. battery is what i use. arguably the best drum sampler for this sort of thing.

when you have built the edrum brain, the midi out from it will plug into the soundcard midi in, then the drum sampler (battery) will be triggered by it, then the soundcard will spit out the sample. simple.

Its something decent quality soundcards have.
it gives you low latency audio processing which is essential for doing stuff in real time

a standard soundcard wont be powerful enough to recieve the midi data and output a sound without introducing a noticable delay.

unless you use ASIO4ALL, but individual results tends to vary.

like i have said, the delay depends on the soundcard, if it is a good one with ASIO drivers then the delay (latency) can be as low as 2ms. i have found that over 10ms becomes noticible and annoying

the piezos need to be glued to somthing solid so all the hit energy is absorbed. you can put a layer of rubber over the hard surface to make the stick bouce and also deaden the sound

there are plenty of pics on the edrum website, along with all teh answers to your questions! like i have said, read everything on there and you will figure it out. good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.