any suggestion for limiter and compressor for a bass guitar ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
most of comp/limiter circuit i saw would change the tone of bass cuz they r all designed for guitar ,, and as Rod Elliot mentioned it , his circuits r suitable for guitar and bass ,, and when a fx circuit s suitable for bass and guitar so that s a guitar effect in fact ! ..
unfortunately most circuit was design for guitar or by guitarists ... and most so called bass players use them , and don care bout the change of tones .. but i want my true bass tone ...
any idea ?
and one thing else ... i find lots comp schematics , do they really do the same job as the original comp effects on a bass amp ? like ampeg ?

the diffrence is in the tonality of the out put ..
i built the ross compressor , and squeezer , they r both reallly great , and so awesome for guitar , but when i plug my bass ( they really sustain the notes ) the output tone becomes diffrent ,
mm i donno how to explain it sorry my english s very bad :p ... the comps will decrease the lower freqs and increase the hi and mid freqs ,, in fact they sustain and compress the freqs of guitar ,, i donno if i can explain my mind well :p ...
one of my friends told me that i can fix it w changin the couplin caps but i donno how :( and where s the couplin caps :p i m so new in electronic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.