Peavey Cs-800 Pwr. Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking at a Cs -800 and the L&R relays are toggling back and forth when you first turn it on, then gradually stopping and acting normal. What does this sound like? I've rplaced all Capacitors in the protection circuit. I don't have the Manual. Anybody have a tip or a copie of manual?

CS-800

This is with no signal.
The main caps check out O.K.
This was first giving to me initially with the problem occuring when being driven and with a 4 ohm load. I did not see anything out of the ordinary and gave it back. Then a few weeks later it was brought back with this problem.

Quote:

I'm looking at a Cs -800 and the L&R relays are toggling back and forth when you first turn it on, then gradually stopping and acting normal. What does this sound like? I've rplaced all Capacitors in the protection circuit. I don't have the Manual. Anybody have a tip or a copie of manual?

Since you have replaced the caps in the protection circuit I assume you checked the cap in the relay circuit also? Checked for a DC offset problem also?

CS-800

It is the CS-800. I have checked the DC offset while the relays are toggling back and forth also when they finally calm down. There appears to be nothing out of the ordinary. It will act normaly as soon as the relays stop this syncopated chatter. I have not replaced the caps in the relay circuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.