I want to build my own ALL TUBE bass amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build my own powerfull (100-ish watt) ALL TUBE bass amplifier (tube preamp and tube power amp). I don't even know where to start! I have no experience with building anything like this at all, but I do know a couple people who could help me to some degree (reading schematics, parts, soldering)...but i need some more info to give them (more than, "oh, i want to build a bass amp).

Is my project reasonable? For someone with my experience...or lack of experience?

Any Insight? Suggestions? Instruction? Info on cost? Instructions?

Have you tried this? How did it go?

Doing a high power tube amp as a first project is not a likely path to success and could actually be dangerous.

Start simple, with low-level circuits like preamps, equalizers, or effects, move on to simple low-powered tube amps, then when you've got 6 or 7 projects under your belt, you'll be ready to try something more challenging.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.