Behringer feedback destroyer question..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi junz,

No they're stereo jacks - common in PA circles. You will need to use the tip and ring for unbalanced, I think, from memory - of a stereo plug (like a headphone plug).

Is this of some value for your purpose - isn't it a howl-round suppressor, phase or frequency shifter or the like intended for mic acoustic feedback suppression?

Cheers,
Greg

Actually it's a parametric eq. and feedback destroyer in one ...it comes highly recommended from the subwoofer forum and other speaker sites.
Supposed to clean up the signal..

Are you sure those 1/4's are stereo and not mono's ..the reason I asking you again is becasue there 4 of them,if they were each good for 2 signals that would make it a 4 channel unit..I;m I making any sense?

Hi jonz,

All you need is to take the lid off and see if there are 3 connections to each, but, from where I'm sitting and based on experience with PA, they're stereo jacks and they're offerred as optional to the adjoining cannons for both input and output. Have a look inside .. if I'm correct there'll be a tip and barrel connection as well as the earth ring (likely chassis connected).

Cheers,
Greg

Please don't call them "stereo" jacks unless they are used to carry two channels of signal information. You have confused the man. They are TRS jacks - tip, ring, sleeve - which are used as a balanced input. People often call them stereo jacks, but it is a poor use of the term. Each jack handles ONE channel of signal, but the tip and ring contacts on the thing allow for a balanced connection.

A stereo output such as for headphones can use a TRS jack, but all TRS jack applications are not stereo. This is a perfect example of why not to label them that way.

Thanks Ampguru..I figgured it out thanks to you guys....I can't believe something so simple could have eluded me...

I split the signal from my H.T. receiver LFE pre-out with an rca 'Y" going to 1/4 mono to rca adapters to the inputs of the behringer and from there I use a pair of 1/4 mono's to my amplifier which already accepts xlr's/neutriks/ 1/4's..now the hard part of adjusting the filters on the eq......

I'm a little bit surprised that your using it with a sub. Most of the feedback is higher frequencies. We had one at a church I used to work in and it was quite good up to a point. As I understand it it will lock on to the particular frequency that is screeching away and then insert a notch filter. It can do this for a large number of frequencies. We only struck one problem with it. At regular intervals it would completely fail and the only explanation anyone came up with was that the local power company wass ending a signal down the mains AC to turn on domestic hot water systems and this was resetting the supressor. They were going to insert a filter in the mains to see if that cured it. I didn't hear whether it worked or not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.