c25 cap in '59 Bassman ReIssue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I don't know if anybody here has played around with the Fender '59 Bassman RI at all or not, but I was just wondering if anybody had tried adding the capacitor at c25. There's an open space for it on the PCB, and Fender says that it was part of the original 5f6 design, but was dropped from the 5f6-a version. It's purpose appears to be that it adds 4dbl of gain, I guess to both channels. If anybody's tried it, let me know how it sounds; I'd really be interested to hear about it. Thanks!!!

Two clip leads and a cap, and you can be listening to it yourself. Or even tack it in place with solder. If ti is in parallel with a resistor, tack it to the resistor rather than getting under the board to solder it in place. Seriously, inside of a minute or two, you will have it.

Here is my copy of an original 5E6-A Bassman. Is the cap in question on this schematic?

Attachments

• bassman_5e6a_small.gif
    bassman_5e6a_small.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 88
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.