One of my projects

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, so it's not electronic, but it is a musical instrument and uses lots of "tuned enclosures!" It also has a microprocessor based control system!

Seriously, I used to build pipe organs for a living before cancer treatment left me really messed-up. This was one of the last ones I built.

Attachments

• organ1.jpg
    organ1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 306
Hi Brion55!

Those organs are real beautys and a tremendous artwork.
I visited a factory for some years ago here in Sweden where they made real big church organs, before I got there I knew practically nothing about how they were built. I tell you, it was chocking how many wooden and leather parts there were. And tuning the pipes... it's amazing that they stay tuned.
I just wanted to say that I know a little about how much work it is before the organ in playable
Sorry to hear about you cancer, hope it's better now.

Bjorn

Dear Bjorn,

Thank you for your response! My cancer has been in remission now for almost 6 years!

It may intrest you to know that both my Grandfather and Great Grandfather came from Sweden! The little town I live in was settled by Swedish immigrants and most of the families here are of Swedish heritage.

Hello again!

That was interesting to hear, my wifes Grandfather went to Oregon 1924 and lived there for 5 years working as a lumber jack.
As radio amateur I've been in contact with many people that immigrated to USA most of them west coast.
We got a big pile of photos he took when he lived there, if you like you can email me directly.

Bjorn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.