HEEELP, iI need a Schematic for a crate amp GX65

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a broken Crate GX 65 amplifier. I want to repair it but i don't have a clue how to start to doing so. As I am an Electronic Engineer, I don´t have problems with technical slang.

Can anyone help me with the circuit?. Any Tips to how to start to repair my amplifier?. I want to repair the main Transistors, but before I do it, I want an expert opinion. I have readed in another thread for some tips, I´m working now on them.

Im grateful with any help, thanx

Maicol
Mexico :)

Crate repair

To get the schematic, FAX SLM @314-727-8929 and mark it attention: service dept. Do not call them; they hate that. The only thing that I have seen put one of these little Crates down is a bad jackswitch and blown output transistors. Neither one is very hard to fix. You were not specific about the problem so that is all I can do, for now.

Thanx doctor

I´ll describe my problem. When I turn on my amplifier it only produces a buzzing sound and it doesn´t respond to any input signal. I think the problem is, as you say, blown output trasnsitors. I will replace them today. I´ve found one short-circuited diode (D17), i´ll replace it too. I hope that fix my amplifier.

I have a question, how i know if the thermal fuse built in the main transformer is not blown?

There´s a problem. I can´t fax from Mexico, but i´ll try to get the schematic from internet.

Thank you
Maicol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.