Mixing console faders.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a couple of dumb questions. Across the bottm of all faders is a Buss Bar. Why is a bar used instead of wire. What are disadvantages in using wire. Where is a good good source to buy high quality slide pots 9(faders) Mine are have 100mm travel, 110mm screw centres. They are A5Kohm. How much variation is acceptable? I used DVOM to check then and resistance seems to be all over the scale. Even after cleaning.
Thanks

Well if you want to keep your gear working as suposs to be, don't make aditional changes, the buss connections is a easy way to get a commun source, specialy when you're making all handly, on the part of your faders, some are lineal or logarithmic, so the better option is to contact the brand dealer and ask for the specifications, or maybe the price, sometimes is hard to find the parts outside. Good luck!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.