Peavey 8.5C DeAd cHaNnEl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought this last year. Tested ran it a couple of times ( not hard), then it went into storage for 9 months!

Tried it yesterday and the A channel (left). Has no output. The DDT compression is working on both channels independently. But I don't know how to trace which is the fauly section. Its time to learn!:eek: . I have all the Drawings and parts list for it, but no manual.

I wondered if it got locked into bridge mode, but I don't know how to use bridge on that amp. I think its just a question of flicking the switch but I'm not sure.

Any clues?

Bridge it well!

This is anArchitectural Acoustics amp [later acquired by peavey]Bridging this amp is very simple.
First turn the switch to bridge position, Then connect the speakers between +ve outputs of both channels. In this configuration the volume level of Ch1 will be functioning only and Ch2's volume will have no effect on it. Speakers connected must not have impedance below 4 ohms.

Cheers,
Kanwar ;)

Arggghhhhhhhhhhh

call off the dogs. There is nothing wrong with it except the owner's arrogance!:hot:

The outputs are screw terminals, so I wired them to a bracket with some XLRs to make it portable. I must have crimped one of the terminals wrong which made it intermittent, and difficult to pin down. The fault seemed to stay on that channel even when I swapped wires AND when I plugged an old lead into a different socket.

The really killer is that I'm a Production Engineer. I used to do this for a living. I'm so anoyed with myself. I soldered the buggers now - so there!

Moral - Don't overlook the simple things ESPECIALLY with its your own work!:headbash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.