Fender princeton/champ clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
(http://www.angela.com/catalog/how-to/Single.6V6.html)
Has anyone here built the angela single 6V6 amp project (Fender princeton clone)? Its got me very interested in building my first amp but am unsure about the power transformer,they use a deluxe reverb transformer but the 240V export transformer (Im in Australia) is different or needs to be wired differently, so im a little stuck as I only have a basic understanding of what im doing (I have modified my blues junior but building an amp seems a little more intimidating).If anyone can help or even has any links to projects they've built it would be greatly appreciated.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I have build it and sounds excellent. The power transformer is NOT a problem ( it can be a Hammond, a Fender or a custom wound trafo), what is important is the output transformer, better if you use the Fender.

I can help you to build it if you want me to.

Cheers,

Alvaro

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
what is important is the output transformer, better if you use the Fender.
Guitar amp OPTs are too expensive and not so good.With the same money you can buy a Hammond.

About the power tranny,there are a lot of commercial trannies that have different primary taps and you can connect them for the desired voltage.
If you have problems on this there's a local winder in my place that can wind you everything you'd like in a reasonable price.

The Angela page says thusly

You can use ANY 'combined plate and filament' power transformer providing that it offers a center tapped high voltage section offering 300-360VAC, measured between one of the RED wires and the striped RED/YELLOW center tap

Hammond iron is available from www.evatco.com.au and ottomh something like the 373X would probably be fine.

Thanks everyone,I need to check back more often from now on I think! Ive already sourced all my bits and pieces but havent been able to get a price on the power transformer I wanted and the only info I could find was at the fender site in the "reissue 65 deluxe reverb schematic" which was a bit confusing as I dont understand the differences in the wiring of the export transformer compared to the American model,I was thinking of using a Hammond 125ESE for output but hmmmm maybe not.A Fender output transformer and whatever power transformer thats cheap and will work is what I think I will use now.Im sure ill be in touch when I get stuck,thanks again people

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.