searching for an AMP effect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
i really dont know where to post my request.

but i think it will be AMP/INSTRUMENT/DIGITAL section

could anyone tell me what AMP is the guitar player is using on this sample track (20 sec demo mp3 to respect its copyrights )

all i know, its a typically 80s heavy metal distortion guitar sound

.. .?

Attachments

• sound_1.zip
    90.3 KB · Views: 36
Could be everything... from every amp with a RAT in front of it, or a JCM series Marshall, or some boutique stuff with low levels of gain... Posting author, song and date might help...

Remember that if you want to copy tones, you should chose a live recording as your objective. Studio stuff are most of the times irreproducible with simply an amp...

Actually the best thing to do is post the artist or band, and the name of the tune. Ther are sites that list who played what on every song. Google Guitar Geek for starters.

A tube scrreamer played through a Marshall sounds different from a tube screamer played through a Fender. So it is what the effect unit might be, plus what amp is in use, plus what the speakers are, not to mention what pickups on what guitar.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.