Singing through the Hi-Fi system??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few friends and myself frequently gather in my music room for a jam/singalong. Nothing too stressful or difficult, the main difficulty is in hearing the song that is being sung! I wonder if there is a 'box' that accepts a microphone or two and the output can go into a stereo system. Stereo/mono it does not matter. And not too expensive or big.

Thanks for reading this post and looking forward to reading the suggestions.

The Rocker said:
A few friends and myself frequently gather in my music room for a jam/singalong. Nothing too stressful or difficult, the main difficulty is in hearing the song that is being sung! I wonder if there is a 'box' that accepts a microphone or two and the output can go into a stereo system. Stereo/mono it does not matter. And not too expensive or big.

Thanks for reading this post and looking forward to reading the suggestions.
My $40 DVD player has mic inputs with gain controls that allow you to sing along with the CD.
Also a standard small mixer would do what you're asking. Behringers can be had really cheap and there are always tons or mixers about secondhand.
Better still would be a Tascam CD-VT1 as this also has built in circuitry to cancel the vocals on the original CD to some extent.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.