Prob with DOD FX-7 Effects

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have a DOD FX-7 multi effects unit that worked when I put it away a while ago. When I recently pulled it out, I was missing the power cord. I ordered one from PE, it called for 9V @ 500mA. The reason I like this unit is it has a headphone jack.

I don't get any sound anymore out of unit. It works as far as the leds and parameter changes are concerned but nothing out of the headphones.

I thought that it might be the power supply so I measured the voltage and got 14+volts.

I then tried a 9v battery, which I thought would work and get the same result.

Took the unit apart and all jacks and solder points are fine.

Tried many different guitars and cables with the same result. Also changed headphones.

Any suggestions?

I agree. You have th epositive voltages the computer section runs on, but by not having AC power, you are missing half the analog voltages so nothing comes out.

I run a repair shop and I can count on a portion of those units that come in with "no sound" as the complaint having the wrong power adaptor as the cause.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.