Stereo Amp/receiver For Guitar Use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased a Boss gt6 efx processor (containing it s own preamps within the unit) that I use with my Marshall stack amplifier.....but I have these big honking...stereo speakers that I ve had stored in my basement for a hundred years...Optimus Mach 6000 speakers (Radio Shack) dimensions are 40"x171/2"x111/2", the construction is 3/8 board...speaker compliment per cabinet is as follows 1-15",3-5",&1-4"....had thought about running my processor and guitar thru them in the garage (wife) rather than having to lug my amp/cabs down there I would just take a guitar and the processor.
I had thought of possibly trying to build them into actives.....and failing that I would like to know if you gentleman could recommend a stereo amp/receiver... (back in the day I had a sony quad system with a 1/4 inch jack you could plug thru).... that I could scower garage sales or second hand stores that would be cheap and could be used for this purpose...or any suggestions would be appreciated.

THANX
Rick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.