bass guitar amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,
I’ve been browsing the net for a fairly simple amp for my first project and found this one 100w bass amp

I’ve started to beg, steel and borrow components but have got to find replacements for the BDW83D/BDW84D.
Could I get away with a mj11015/mj11016 (free) or BDX66C/BDX67C (£10 each!)?

Does anyone have a better idea for an amp ideally 80w-100w

Any help would be most appreciated.

This amp. has superior double slope SOA protection......you could do a lot worse.......you might consder replacing all 'small signal' BJTs with 2N5551/2n5401.

Replace Darlington output stage with discrete devices and discrete drivers....The later should have their emitters cross coupled with a single resistor (~470R)

Drivers: MJE15035/4...

Power devices: MJL4281A/MJL4302A..(use at least two pairs for enhanced drive into lower loads)

NEVER use integrated power darlingtons for audio.....:smash:

thanks i had found that one too but 40w at 8R is a bit low for what i'm after.
i've got a nice fane 18" 100w 8R speaker that needs a bit of power behind it! i've already sorted out the pre amp just need to work out the main amp!

cant find a data sheets for the MJL4281A/MJL4302A or MJE15035/4???

whats wrong with using mj11015/6?
sorry complete newbe to this just trying to pick things up as i go! (usually works)

noshowjustallgo said:
thanks i had found that one too but 40w at 8R is a bit low for what i'm after.
i've got a nice fane 18" 100w 8R speaker that needs a bit of power behind it! i've already sorted out the pre amp just need to work out the main amp! sorry complete newbe to this just trying to pick things up as i go! (usually works)

Ok i see. Maybe you could find something here
http://www.geocities.com/pa_schematics/schematics.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.