Multicable bindings?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suppose this is the most fitting forum for this kind of question.

But, how do you bind your multicables(*) together.
Most rentalcompanies i have seen are using ordinary pvc tape, it works, and it does it job good.But it doesnt look good.
Are there any other solutions than tape out there?

(*) I mean the multi between the stage and FOH where most ppl lay both dmx, power and the mic-multi in paralell.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Tape is simple and cheap, and has the advantage that if you need to swap out a cable, it is relatively easy. Any sort of sleeving that covered all the cables would be a pain to install and remove, especially if you're talking of the 100m runs that are quite common in the industry.

Take the longest cable in the and wind it around the rest. I've done this for short runs when I've run out of tape. It keeps it neat enough and doesn't seem to affect the signals.

I don't like cable ties (Zap Straps) unless I know I'm never gonna take it apart (like inside a component). If you've got money, get the velcro straps with the hook on one surface and loop on the other face. This has one larger end with a slot so you can permanently mount it to one of the cables and wrap around the rest. But as I said, if you've got money...

:)ensen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.