Effects Pedals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For a summer project, I would very much like to try to make a SIMPLE guitar effect pedal. Possibly something like a Fuzz, or some sort of boost or microamp.

Can anyone suggest how to go about this, where i could find a tutorial and other useful informtion, i would very much appreciate it.

Thankyou

Peter

(By the way, I'm new to this forum, so Hello everyone)

that generalguitargadgets site cant be beat.. you can even order PCBs for most of the projects.. follow the part placement diagrams and viola.. I made some of those and they work great(try the Red FuzZ..quite easy, and sounds sweet) I asked to order a PCB he didnt list and he made one for me.. nice guy.

I will also chip in here for that general guitar gadgets site.

this is how i got my start in electronics. electronics was something i wanted to get into, and i thought, well, i play guitar, and pedals run off 9V batterys... what a safe way to get a start!!! i made some octave/fuzz pedal... and it worked!!!! i was happy, and have been making electronics projects ever since, although these days i've moved into the world of vacuum tubes, where the voltages can bite if you're not careful.... but that's what i love about pedals, you can be care free as they don't bite!!! (unless you dropped the metal case on your little toe while on concrete ground as i did... needless to say i found it hard to walk around for a little while after... my little toe just about became my big toe... and it really hurt!)

hope you do well. the stuff on general guitar gadgets is pretty much foolproof, and spells everything out pretty clearly, especially if you use a PCB... i did mine point to point, so it was a little more tedious.

you might want to find a couple of articles on the internet about identifying components and values though if you're new to this... also, find data sheets for any transistors you use which will give which leads are your colector/emiter/base... this is important... wire in the wrong way, and it won't work...

later

later

i've done some guitar pedals

4ms phaseur fleur and tremulus lune
4mstremphafini.jpg

the pcbs
trempha1.jpg

4ms phaseur fleur
4msphaseuralien.jpg

4ms duo distortion
4msduoorig.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.