Mashall Lead 100 Mosfet -> bad sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! im new and home u can halp me.

I got a Marshall lead 100 Mosfet for a few bucks but the sound is very unclean even in the clean channel.
The problem must be in the last stage power amp cause the sound of the DI is ok.
here is a shematic of the stage:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i dont know how to find the problem so im happy is u post some tips for me to fix it.
thx
newb Flo

There may be a short circuit and the current limiters are activated (TR10/11). Or, possibly a bad cap in feedback loop.

If there is definitely no short circuit on the output, you could temporarily remove TR10/11 from circuit (lift one leg of D10/11) and see if this helps. (These things would be better checked on a test bench, but if you must connect a speaker for testing, use one you won't might destroying.)

If there is a short circuit at the ouput and TR10/11 are activated, the heatsink for the outptu devices should get rather warm soon after powering up the unit. But if the devices are misbehaving, they can create a distorted output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.