bass guitar amp hybrid Tube/mosfet ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I have been looking at the net for some time trying to find diy information about how to make a bass guitar tube preamp section. with tube driven eq. and with a posibility of making a bit of tube overdrive. Then I'll make a power amp or use factory made one.

I was thinking thát aguilar pre amp that esaly cost 1200 dollars must be posible to make some think like that as diy??

any help is welcome thank jc dk.-

Hi,

I am a bassplayer myself and I while ago I adapted an old tube amp for use with bassguitar. What I did was this, I used the existing power amp section (2xEL34) and rewired the preamp section. I used a schematic from a Mesa Boogie bass amp. I found this schematic in "The tube amp book" from a company called "groove tubes". I haven't seen this schematic on the net.
This mesa boogie amp uses ideas from old SVT amps and fender amps. I am pretty sure the aguilar uses some of the same ideas. Maybe you can find these schematics on the internet. Other worthwhile schematics are old studio equipment (at least I think so, because usually I find old tube amps too "grungy"). If the aguilar is quite "clean", perhaps they too used old microphone preamps or parametrical equalizers as a starting point. Try www.gyraf.dk for complete building instructions. If you need more perhaps I can find a way to digitalize a schematic from the tube amp book. I don't have a scanner so I am not sure how.

Greetings,

JArno.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.